Thursday, March 23, 2017
Aims and Objectives of Teaching English Language-PGDE
Nowadays English has a special and predominant role in the communicative sphere of the world. It has also a special identity in the field of education.
A language is a medium of communication and interacting verbally in our day-to day life situation in family and society. But in India English is a foreign language. It is different from mother tongue. The teaching of English is highly desirable for a English teacher. Before starting his teaching, it requires for the teacher to fix up his aims and objectives. It makes him efficient.
(i) Language aspect: Words, sentences, pronunciation, spelling and grammar.
(ii) Literature aspect: Words, sentences, expressing ideas, feelings and experiences.
(i) Reading, (ii) Writing, (iii) Speaking and (iv) Listening.
· To develop the skill of speaking,
· To develop the skill of reading,
· To develop the skill of writing,
· To develop the skill of listening,
· To enable the students for the use of grammar correctly,
· To enable the students to analyze the element of language and establish the appropriate relationship among linguistic components.
· To acquire knowledge,
· To diagnose the weakness of speaking and writing English,
· To compare and illustrate linguistic components,
· To classify the elements of English language,
· To understand the meaning of prose, poetry, story and drama by reading.
In order to teach English correctly and properly English teacher must know the aims and objectives of teaching English.