Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Lyceum International School Anuradhapura


My Heroic Deed
The New Year vacation begins tomorrow in our school. My younger sister’s only dream is to go to my grandmother’s house. Do you know why? We have enough space to play there. Every evening, the children play elle there in the paddy field. Whenever we go there, we also join them. Then, we feel as if we have gone to the heaven. The pond behind the house is also very beautiful. There are colorful flowers in it. The water we find there is really blue. I feel like jumping into it and have a bath.
That is why we went to grandmother’s house to enjoy its beauty. But, this year the environment has completely changed due to the recent heavy rain. The pond and the   paddy field are full of water. The children, who usually play there, are not there now. Earlier, I got into the pond and enjoyed swimming there plucking lily flowers. I also caught small fish. I went deeper into the water and built dream castles there. But, today I have lost all.
Grandmother said, “Baba, don’t go to the pond.” It is dangerous these days. When I asked father, he too said, “Sorry, I can’t.” Mother said, “Please baba, don’t go there.” All these words hurt me. Why did we come here?
In the meantime, grand mother went to aunt’ house and both my father and mother were having a nap. So, my sister and I secretly stepped down to our favourite pond. It was really a lovely place, which is full of water.
My sister saw this beautiful pond and told me, “Sister, I will have a bath till all this water is over.” She was unable to bear the happiness and at once jumped into the water. What to do now? I looked at every side, but there was none to help us. I cried louder and louder. That voice echoed and returned to me. I could not leave my sister and go to fetch some body. She was also shouting saying sister and sister. Gradually, she was floating to the deep side of the pond. She was drowned and I could see her head only.
At once I jumped into the pond and swam towards my sister’s direction and caught her by hair. After that, I swam towards the land dragging her. Anyway, I rescued my sister. Even today, I feel that terror. My whole body becomes cold when I remember that terrible incident. I could not have told this fearful incident to you if I was not such a heroic person that day.

Minthuli Grade 06
25.06.2019

Why do I like my friend?

We are all friends. We all have friends. We can’t do anything without friends. We need friends for playing, learning, working in the class, and for completions. We can’t do anything without friends.
Of them, you know that we have a best friend. He is known as our intimidate friend. Now can you tell me why I like my best friend so much?
One day, we were running to the classroom after playing. Suddenly, I fell down. All the other friends ran to the classroom leaving me there. But, my best friend didn’t do so. She stopped and helped me.
When I am ill, she is always with me near the teacher. She remembers my birth day and wishes me before the other friends. On the New Year day also, she is the first person to wish me.
She is like my mother. When I do something wrong, she advises me. I can’t stay without speaking to her. She is also a very clever girl at her studies. When she is not with me, I feel as if my mother is not with me.
How beautiful is our world if we have such friends?

Minthuli's Nangi  Grade 02
25.06.2019

No comments:

Post a Comment