- · What kind of a festival is Poson?
- · It is a religious festival in our country.
- · When does it come?
- · Every year, it comes in June.
- · Who celebrates it?
- · It is celebrated by Buddhists all over the island.
- · Who brought Buddhism to Sri Lanka?
- · Ven. Mihindu Thero brought Buddhism to Sri Lanka on Poson Poya Day.
- · Who became the first Buddhist in the country?
- · The king Devanam Piyatissa became the first Buddhist in the country.
- · Where do you go on Poson Poya Day?
- · On Poson Poya Day, we go to the temple.
- · What do you do there?
- · We offer flowers to the Buddha.
- · People go on pilgrimages and engage in religious activities.
- · Many people observe ‘sil’ in temples.
- · People go to see the Poson perahera as well.
- · They also decorate and illuminate their houses.
- · We also can see beautiful pandols during the poson festival.
- · There are many Dansalas all over the country.
- · During the Poson festival, both Anuradhapura and Mihintale are full of pilgrims.
Friday, July 8, 2016
Business Communication-Diploma in English- Bhiksu University of Sri Lanka-Anuradhapura
Business Communication is used to promote a product, service, or organization; relay information within the business; or deal with legal and similar issues. It is also a means of relaying between a supply chain, for example the consumer and manufacturer.
Business Communication is known simply as "Communications". It encompasses a variety of topics, including Marketing, Branding, Customer relations, Consumer behavior, Advertising, Public relations, Corporate communication, Community engagement, Research & Measurement, Reputation management, Interpersonal communication, Employee engagement, Online communication, and Event management. It is closely related to the fields of professional communication and technical communication.
In business, the term communications encompasses various channels of communication, including the Internet, Print (Publications), Radio, Television, Ambient media, Outdoor, and Word of mouth.
Business Communication can also refer to internal communication. A communications director will typically manage internal communication and craft messages sent to employees. It is vital that internal communications are managed properly because a poorly crafted or managed message could foster distrust or hostility from employees.
Business Communication is a common topic included in the curricula of Masters of Business Administration (MBA) programs of many universities. AS well, many community colleges and universities offer degrees in Communications.
There are several methods of business communication, including:
· Web-based communication - for better and improved communication, anytime anywhere ...
· video conferencing which allow people in different locations to hold interactive meetings;
· e-mails, which provide an instantaneous medium of written communication worldwide;
· Reports - important in documenting the activities of any department;
· Presentations - very popular method of communication in all types of organizations, usually involving audiovisual material, like copies of reports, or material prepared in Microsoft PowerPoint or Adobe Flash;
· forum boards, which allow people to instantly post information at a centralized location; and
· Face-to-face meetings, which are personal and should be succeeded by a written follow up. Business communication is somewhat different and unique from other types of communication since the purpose of business is to make money. Thus, to develop profitability, the communicator should develop good communication skills.
Poson Poya Day
Poson is a religious festival in our country. Every year, it comes in June. It is celebrated by Buddhists all over the island. Ven. Mihindu Thero brought Buddhism to Sri Lanka on Poson Poya Day. The king Devanam Piyatissa became the first Buddhist in the country.
On Poson Poya Day, we go to the temple and offer flowers. It is a colourful festival. People go on pilgrimages and engage in religious activities. Many people observe ‘sil’ in temples. People go to see the Poson perahera as well. They also decorate and illuminate their houses. We also can see beautiful pandols during the poson festival.
There are many Dansalas all over the country. During the Poson festival, both Anuradhapura and Mihintale are full of pilgrims.