Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Bhiksu University -First Year Students-(Internal) -Conjunctions




and
1.  Kamal and Nimal went to the temple.
2.  He ate bread and butter.
3.  I went home. I had lunch.
4.  I went home and had lunch.
or
1.  You can learn Pali. You can learn Sanskrit.
2.  You can learn Pali or Sanskrit.
3.  Ravi will help you. Roshan will help you.
4.  Ravi or Roshan will help you.

but/yet/still/however/nonetheless/  nevertheless
1.  I have a bike. I can’t ride it.
2.  I have a bike, but I can’t ride it.
so/therefore/hence/for this reason/as a result/consequently/that is why
1.  Kamani is ill. She is absent.
2.  Kamani is ill, so she is absent.

because/since/as/now that/for
Kamani is ill. She is absent.
1.          Kamani is absent because she is ill.





No comments:

Post a Comment